15 January 2011

Figuring best way to do Usability Testing

I was just figuring best way to do a usability testing. I mean we have many methods, best way that we all know is to go directly to users in their desk and ask them open ended questions and you get exactly what user is looking for. Just googling and asking many of our people and gathering documents of sample questionnaires and process they follow. What I got is very much different way of representing same type of process in such a different fashion. Truly people have so much refreshing way of conducting UT.

Now what would you do if place constraints come your way for UT, I mean if you want to speak to users sitting various locations, WebX is one such tool, but it becomes that difficult to track user movements, but yes we did couple of projects using WebX and was quite successful. That’s where offshore model can make big business out of this Usability testing remotely and what I had seen is the UX shops in UK (especially) charge like a bomb to conduct all these also in US, why can’t we have it done in offshore. That’s what my agenda for UT.

No comments: